Best Rate Guarantee
Terms and Conditions
“Minor Hotels Websites” are the websites owned or operated by or on behalf of Minor, including anantara.com, avanihotels.com and minorhotels.com.
“In the unlikely event that a lower rate at a Minor Hotel or an affiliate Hotel is made available on a non-Minor website or non-Minor mobile application (the “Competing Rate”), upon its receipt of a claim that satisfies these Best Rate Guarantee terms and conditions (the “BRG Terms”), Minor will honor that Competing Rate and provide the individual that submitted the valid claim one of the following rewards: (1) an additional 10% discount off the Competing Rate per room per night”
For a claim to be eligible under the Best Rate Guarantee, it must be submitted through the claim submittal web form.
- Customers with a Minor Hotels Website booking: A claim form must be submitted within twenty-four (24) hours after completing your valid room booking on any Minor Hotels Websites to make a claim under the Best Rate Guarantee. In addition, the claim must be submitted at least forty-eight (48) hours prior to the standard check-in time at the applicable Minor hotel.
- Customers without a booking: A claim must be submitted at least seventy-two (72) hours prior to the standard check-in time at the applicable Minor hotel.
- A claim form may be rejected by Minor if it is incomplete, is submitted in an unsupported language, or concerns a non-Minor Hotels website or mobile application that is in an unsupported language.
- Only one claim may be submitted in connection with any confirmed reservation. The name on the submitted claim form for such claim must match the name on the relevant confirmed reservation.
The “Best Rate Guarantee” will be offered provided that the following conditions are met:
Both rates, the rate booked through Minor Hotel Websites and the lower "comparison rate" found, must be:
- A currently available published room rate available online or on a mobile application
- For the same arrival date, same hotel, same number of guests, same room type (category, size, bedding, view)
- With the same inclusions (tax, VAT, service charges, currency, food & beverage items, other inclusive items)
- At the same booking conditions (minimum length of stay, minimum advance booking, advance purchase, deposit, change and cancellation policies or other conditions)
- Different by a minimum of USD 1
If the Best Rate Guarantee claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights’ accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the comparison rate is found.
The “Best Rate Guarantee” does not apply to the following:
- Unpublished or negotiated rates (e.g., corporate discount rates, group rates, meeting rates)
- Rates requiring a paid membership in a club or other organization or a free membership in a club or other organization if such membership is contingent upon the member’s type of employment
- Rates offered pursuant to direct mail or email solicitations, requiring a credit card in order to view the competing rate or the use of discount codes or coupons to book such competing rate, or otherwise not intended for the general public
- Rates offered for stay at hotels owned or managed by Anantara Vacation Club resorts and properties
- Rates offered by opaque providers (e.g., Expedia Package, Priceline or any secret deal) that do not provide the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made
- Rates offered on on-request websites and mobile applications that do not provide immediate hotel confirmations, including, without limitation, any such websites or mobile applications that require five minutes or more to validate a reservation
- Rates displayed on websites that do not provide the ability to make a reservation directly (e.g., metasearch engines)
- Rates for packages or bundles
- Individual rate plans not offered to the general public
- Rates which are published due to technical or system errors
- Rate variations due to currency exchange rate fluctuations
Validity and Extent of Guarantee
- The Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where the Minor Hotels Website or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Minor’s reasonable control.
- Minor is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel (e.g., a call centre, a non-Minor booking channel).
- Customers with a Minor Hotels Website booking: In the event that a Best Rate Guarantee claim is validated, Minor will adjust the rate on the confirmed reservation to the lowest available rate that Minor is able to verify, a rate which may be different than the rate that was indicated on the applicable claim form.
- A valid Best Rate Guarantee claim may be invalidated if: (1) the name on the submitted claim form does not match the guest’s name on the relevant reservation, or (2) any changes are made to the relevant reservation after such reservation is made.
- Minor may deny claims where the applicable Minor hotel will no longer be operating as a Minor hotel as applicable, on the date of the stay.
- Any disputes arising out of or related to the Best Rate Guarantee or these Best Rate Guarantee Terms shall be handled individually without any class action, and shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Thailand.
- Void where prohibited by law. Minor reserves the right to amend, revise, supplement, suspend or discontinue the Best Rate Guarantee or these Best Rate Guarantee Terms at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
- Minor may at any time and without notice terminate or restrict a person’s ability to submit a claim under or otherwise benefit from the Best Rate Guarantee, if in its sole discretion Minor determines that such person has: (1) acted in a manner inconsistent with applicable laws or ordinances; (2) acted in a fraudulent or abusive manner, (3) submitted multiple invalid Best Rate Guarantee claims; (4) failed to stay at the applicable Minor Hotels after receiving approved Best Rate Guarantee claims; or (5) breached any of these Best Rate Guarantee Terms.