- Purpose of collection We collect personal information to communicate our news, events and promotions, including our products and services which we think may be of interest to our guests. We may also use such information for market research and quality control, as well as for statistical and analysis purposes, in order to deliver particular services or products which are in response to our guest's needs. Personal information will not be used for communication outside recognized business relationship guidelines.
- Ownership of the Customer's Personal Information Your personal information will become the property of Minor International PCL and its subsidiary organization of Minor Hotel Group and subsidiaries. These can be seen on www.minorinternational.com and include business entities under Management Agreements or Franchise.
The term "Protected Information" refers to information that can be used to identify our guests individually. Protected Information includes but is not limited, guests' names, addresses, age, gender, method of payment information and passport/ID card number (whether in physical, electronic or other format).
How you may provide us your Protected Information
- By making a reservation or by using any of the Minor Hotel Group Limited product or/and services
- By providing it to us in communications regarding services such as comment cards
- By providing the information to us by participating in marketing initiatives
- By visiting our website
- By becoming a member of the Minor loyalty program and/or DISCOVERY guest loyalty program, you must first complete an enrollment form. During enrolment, new members are required to provide certain contact information. We use this information to create a member profile of your previous and future stays at Minor Hotel Group Limited (GHA) member brands hotels and resorts and other information for which you've expressed an interest. The member may provide unique identifiers (such as username and password), among other information. Such information enables us to provide a more personalized experience for our members on our websites, as well as to direct relevant communications to them.
Purpose of Collection
We collect Protected Information for three primary purposes:
- To enhance our ability to provide first-class customer service to our guests
- To keep our guests informed of promotions and offers and,
- For marketing and research purposes.
Acquiring Protected Information
Using Our Web Site
Once you have visited our web site and accepted our cookie, your ID number is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you visit our web site. Although you remain anonymous until you enter Protected Information in the web site, the ID number allows us to log your session, so that we may better provide individualized support. Once you enter Protected Information on the web site, we associate your ID number with your contact information so we can recognise you on future visits and keep track of information that appears to interest you.
Rejecting, blocking or refusing cookies
Temporary cookies are a built-in feature of the technology used within our website. The majority of internet browsers will automatically accept these cookies, however you can adjust the settings on your internet browser if you would prefer to delete them or have them automatically refused. Refer to the "Help'' section on your browser toolbar to find out how to reset your preferences regarding cookies. However please be aware that rejecting cookies may affect your ability to use particular features associated with your user profile.
While browsing our web site, you may also provide us with additional information. You can search for rates and availability at our hotels and resorts without providing any Protected Information. We use this data mainly for web site management purposes, but do not connect it to any Protected Information, such as your name or address.
Making a Reservation
Reservations can also be made by contacting a particular hotel or resort directly. When you make a reservation we may ask you for Protected Information such as your name, address, telephone number and method of payment.
Creating a Guest Profile
During the reservation process you may opt to create a Guest Profile and in doing so provide us with personal information, including but not limited to; name, contact details, holiday preferences, and payment details. All information provided to create your Guest Profile is covered under the ‘Protected Information'
Minor Hotel Group Limited websites use the SSL encryption protocol (Norton Secured Seal, powered by VeriSign) to guarantee secure transactions and complete confidentiality. Your bank details and all the information you enter on the various forms are automatically encrypted when your data is transferred over the network using our SSL (Secure Socket Layer).
SSL is the most widely used and successful secure transaction solution. The SSL encryption system automatically encrypts your data before it is transmitted over the network, and it can only be decrypted using a unique key once it has arrived on our server.
If your browser supports this system, you will see a padlock or VeriSign symbol in the top or bottom right hand side of your screen.
During Your Stay
uring your stay, we record your itemised spending to accurately assemble your folio, which sets out your room rate and other expenses billed to your room. We also record this information to comply with financial reporting requirements, including those imposed by our auditors and government regulators. Information particular to your stay may also be stored (i.e. health issues, payment difficulties). This stay specific information is stored at the particular hotel where you stayed and is combined with information from previous visits that you have made to our hotels. We may also collect certain information as required by local laws (e.g. passport number). In addition, we may retain the content of any document (including comment cards, electronic documents such as e-mails and other similar forms of communication) that you send us before, during or following your stay. This information may be shared within Minor Hotel Group Limited but will not be shared with any third party. Finally, we are required under relevant law to log and retain all records of internet activity at our hotels for a period of 90 days.
This consent is given voluntarily and may be revoked at any time by sending an e-mail to (firstname.lastname@example.org). Storage of Protected Information
Each hotel takes steps to ensure that Protected Information is kept in a secure location, to which only authorised individuals have access. We also store certain guest information in our Guest Reservation System (the "System"). The System comprises a secure customer database stored on a dedicated server. We store Protected Information for such period of time required by law or for as long as we believe there to be a business justification for doing so.
It is important to note that no e-mail communication is fully secure. We recommend that you do not include any confidential information when using e-mail. For your protection, our e-mail responses to you will not include any confidential information.
Protected Information Provided to Third Parties
We may, from time to time, conduct joint marketing activities with selected partners where we deem the combined offers to be of relevance or interest to our guests. In these instances, Protected Information will only be accessible to mailing houses or parties contractually engaged by Minor Hotel Group Limited with appropriate privacy and confidentiality controls in place. At no time will Protected Information be issued to any partners for their own use.
We will only share Protected Information about you outside Minor Hotel Group Limited without your consent where: (a) it is required or authorised by law; (b) it is required to provide you with services you have requested in which case you will be deemed to have given your consent; (c) if your stay has been paid for by a third party we will provide billing information to the paying party; (d) if you have failed to pay amounts owed to a property or (e) to global or regional hotel alliances to which Minor Hotel Group Limited is a party, in accordance with customary industry practice.
Guest Access to Protected Information
We are happy to provide our guests, upon written signed request, with details of the Protected Information that we hold about them. We require that proof of identity be provided together with any such requests, typically in the form of a passport copy, together with contact information for the purposes of verification. Inquiries about Protected Information should be addressed to:
Minor Hotel Group Limited
18th Floor, Berli Jucker House
99 Soi Rubia, Sukhumvit 42 Rd,
Bangkok 10110, Thailand